- Nessus server and client
- /proc/sys/net settings
nmap and nmapfe
- What types of tests does Nessus do?
- Why is Nessus considered to be good and bad?
- What do your firewall, portsentry and snort logs tell you from
these scans? (/var/log/messages and /var/log/snort/alerts)
- What does a proxy server do for you? Does it offer added security?
- What types of things can you set in /proc that affect security?
- CAREFULLY LISTEN TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR FOR THE
- Make sure you have installed the gtk+ and sharutils rpms
- You have to register now to get the Nessus rpm
- Install Nessus server and client
Install/config and use demo from Nessus.org
- Configure Nessus server
- Use client to scan your own system
- Use client to scan one of the students Linux
This page last updated on: