Tutorial 9 and 10, CIS133DA
Instructor: Phil Waclawski
Student Name _______________
Tutorial 9 Questions
Tutorial 10 Questions
- Public key encryption is one of the more popular forms of
encryption used today. explain the purpose/uses of
- Public Key
- Private Key
- certificates for authentication
- Why is there so many disagreements about using strong (128 bit or
better) encryption? Find an URL for a government site that explains the
present restrictions on exporting strong encryption, paste it here.
- Explain some of the potential security issues with Cookies?
- What is a firewall? If you have a hardware firewall, is it always
safer than a software firewall? Give an example of a software firewall
- Search the web for examples of the following attacks, and try to
explain what they are:
- DDOS (distributed denial of service attack)
- trojan horse
- Spyware/web bugs
- What are plugins? Why are they handy? Give one example of a plugin. How are they different from browser "extensions" (such as Video Downloader for Firefox)
- Define a "web portal". Give an example (URL) of a web portal you
like. What are some problems with the "web portal" model for websites?
- List four things you can do at a "web portal".
- What are some things that can be done to make a web based business
successful? Can you give examples of successful sites (URLS)?
- Give three things that are issues (ie possible problems) when
dealing with electronic commerce.