Tutorial 5 and 6, CIS133DA
Instructor: Phil Waclawski
Student Name _______________
Tutorial 5 Questions
- What are some of the ways you can refine a search for information on
- Other than general web pages, name three specific things you can try
to find/lookup on the web?
- Name four ways you can try and evaluate the reliability of a web page
- What is the proper way to cite a web page resource. Give an example.
- Under the Berne Convention, which of the following are NOT true?
- You have to say "Copyright" or use © to be protected.
- You should register your copyright if you want to make it
easier to sue for damages.
- Unless you're making money off of their copyright, they can't
- If an image doesn't say "Copyright" on a web page, I can use
it for free.
- I'm just a small site, they won't go after me.
Tutorial 6 Questions
- What are the two ftp transfer modes? What can happen if you use the
- List 4 file type extensions and what they mean.
- What is the difference between anonymous ftp and "full-privelege" ftp?
Why would you use one or the other.
- What is the difference between shareware, freeware?
- What is open source software? What are it's advantages? Disadvantages?
Check out and search for GNU and the Free Software Foundation, read what
they have to say about Open Source. What do you think? Name three open source projects that we have installed on the machines here at school.